This Code of Conduct is in your online CampInTouch account and must be signed by every camper and parent before attending camp.
Eden Village is a special community and being a camper here is incredibly fun and rewarding! In order for everyone to have the best experience while at camp, it is important that we respect one another, our environment, and the rules of camp. We expect each camper and staff member to understand and follow these camp commitments.
Parents, please read these expectations with your camper, and take time to have a conversation about the importance of following these commitments while at camp. Parents may be contacted during the summer for support to resolve behavior issues and to encourage positive behavior.
Please call or email camp before you sign the agreement if you have any questions.
These are the general principles of the Codes of Conduct. Specific language differs by age.
As a member of the Eden Village Camp community, I will help to create a safe, fun, and healthy camp environment. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to:
- Respect the rights, privacy, and property of others. In doing so, I will not participate in or threaten to participate in any hazing, vandalism, name-calling, or other act of physical, sexual, or verbal abuse toward campers or staff.
- Resolve conflicts in peaceful and appropriate manner. Physical fighting is never permitted and can result in immediate dismissal.
- Be present at and participate appropriately in all planned activities as defined by the camp schedule.
- Demonstrate the highest degree of respect for other people and their belongings.
- Adhere to the established curfew guidelines.
- Avoid using language that is insensitive or offensive toward other people, including things like another's race, color, creed, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation.
- Not possess or be under the influence of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs.
- Not possess any item deemed inappropriate in the camp community including but not limited to pornography, cell phones, or weapons.
- Never leave the camp boundaries without permission.
- Be accountable as a member of the camp community by sharing observations with a staff member about behavior that may be harmful to another's safety.
- Accept that Eden Village reserves the right to inspect any property brought to camp, including but not limited to purses, luggage, backpacks, or clothing, at any time, with or without prior notice.
- Staff are at camp to make sure I am having a fun and safe experience. I commit to listening to their instructions and asking questions if I am confused about what is expected of me.
- If someone or something at camp is bothering me – if I feel left out, unhappy, sick, or unsafe – I commit to letting my counselor or another staff member know as soon as possible.
- Camp is a place for trying new activities, meeting new friends, and even tasting foods that I’ve never tried before. I commit to keeping an open mind about trying new things during my camp experience. Instead of being “cliquey” or exclusive, I commit to welcoming and including others in my activities and friendships.
Failure to adhere to this Code of Conduct will result in appropriate steps which may include any or all of the following: a director meeting with camper in camp, parent notification, parent conference, in-camp suspension, out-of- camp suspension, dismissal from camp.
If the camper is suspended or dismissed from camp, there will be no refund or reduction of fee. Final decisions are at the sole discretion of the Camp Director.
AGREEMENT: I have read and agree to adhere to the above Code of Conduct of Eden Village Camp. I acknowledge that my child is fully responsible for their actions and any consequences of those actions. I have reviewed this with my camper.